Sign-up for News Updates
NOW AVAILABLE! Added protection for your insureds’ adventure seekers
Accidents can bring unforeseen expenses, which may not be fully covered by health insurance. Blue River Underwriters now offers Accident Insurance in conjunction with Berkley Accident and Health as an easy add-on policy for our Outdoors Program participants to help these businesses and their clients pursue their passions more confidently.
No-fault accident insurance is designed to help defray out-of-pocket costs not covered by primary health insurance plans, including deductibles, out-of-network costs, prescriptions, copays and other expenses associated with a covered accident regardless of who was responsible. When adventures bring these groups into remote areas, emergency medical evacuation may help to cover the cost of emergency medical transport so that injured participants can get to a hospital quickly to receive treatment.
CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE OUTDOORS PROGRAM INFORMATION
- Shooting Sport
- Campgrounds / RV Parks
- Guides/Outfitters (Many types including big game, hog hunting, ice fishing, kayak & canoe, hiking/ backpacking)
- Rod & Gun Clubs
- Hunting/Fishing Resorts / Lodges / Bed & Breakfast
- Gun Stores (Must have a shooting range)
- Skeet/Trap Shooting, Archery Range, Rifle/Pistol Ranges
Benefits and Limits:
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000
- Accident Medical and Dental Expense: $25,000
Additional Accident Benefits and Limits:
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: $50,000
- Repatriation of Remains (>100 miles primary residence): $25,000
- A.M. Best A+ (Superior) Rated Carrier
How we meet your Program Participants needs
- No-fault Accident Insurance pays claims regardless of who was responsible for the Accident
- May help to reduce overall out-of-pocket expenses by providing coverage that may help to fill gaps in traditional health plans and helps to minimize the impact of high deductibles
- Paid claims won’t impact their General Liability experience since accidents are covered under a separate, standalone policy
- May provide valuable insurance coverage to independent contractors not covered by Workers’ Compensation and under/uninsured participants
- Includes 24/7 travel assistance services that provide a range of benefits including emergency medical evacuation
- May help to fill potential gaps in General Liability coverage, which may reduce the frequency of liability claims, especially if members are under/uninsured
- Demonstrates their commitment to participants’ safety and wellbeing
Disclosure: This is a brief description of coverage provided under policy form series AH51051, underwritten by Berkley Life and Health Insurance Company (domiciled in Iowa – California Certificate of Authority #08527) and/or StarNet Insurance Company (domiciled in Iowa· California Certificate of Authority #6978) 2445 Kuser Road, Suite 201 Hamilton Square, NJ 08690 and is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions of the policy. Please see the policy for complete details. Coverage terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions may vary or may not be available in all states.
This is a limited policy.
The insurance described in this document provides limited benefits. Limited benefits plans are insurance products with reduced benefits intended to supplement comprehensive health insurance plans. This insurance is not an alternative to comprehensive coverage. It does not provide major medical or comprehensive medical coverage and is not designed to replace major medical insurance. Further, this insurance is not minimum essential coverage as set forth under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
ACCIDENT INSURANCE AVAILABILITY
Program Available in 17 states: IL, IA, KY, ME, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NC, OK, SC, SD, TN, VT, WV, and WI.
Full Outdoors Program Available Nationwide
Office (312) 521-8971
Blue River Underwriters
Outdoors Insurance Program
12412 York St.
Thornton, CO 80241
BAH SR 2019-77